Senior Policy Officer (Cyber Security)
The Centre for Internet and Society is seeking an individual with strong background in the areas of cyber security, technology and policy work to contribute to its cyber security programme under its Internet Governance portfolio. This position will include conducting research into cyber security in the Indian context, compiling and writing research reports related to cyber security, engaging with key stakeholders, and collaborating with project partners.
Note: This position is for a duration of 2 years. Selected candidate will work from CIS office in Bangalore or New Delhi.
- 3+ years of cyber security experience including evaluating policy around cyber security processes; cyber security engineering; and/or cyber security architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely-related engineering or IT discipline) with law/ policy experience or a Law background (LLB, LLM) with exposure to cyber security is mandatory.
Required Skill Sets
- Knowledge of and an experience in cyber security, technology, and policy work.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Experience in conducting field research – particularly interviews.
- Knowledge of Indian laws and policies pertaining to cyber security and ability to analyse policy.
- Demonstrable research skills and ability to undertake research independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
Based on experience and education.
Please send two writing samples, preferably academic/research papers, and a detailed CV to Elonnai Hickok at [email protected]. We will accept applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
CIS is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workspace free from discrimination and harassment.