Vacancy for Program Officer (Access to Knowledge)
Note: This is a full-time position based in New Delhi. There are 2 vacancies for this post.
The program deals with setting a positive and just agenda for access to knowledge and countering excessive regimes of copyright, software patents, domain name rights, etc., and advocating, albeit in a critical manner, for the movements that have grown as a reaction — free/libre/open source software, open content (including Wikipedia, Open Street Maps, etc.), open standards, open government data, open access to scholarly literature, free access to law, and other such initiatives — at both the national and international levels.
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Indian and international law on copyright.
- Demonstrable research skills.
- Strong communication skills and media-savvy, with the ability to convey complex policy issues clearly to a general audience.
- Public-speaking skills, and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to lead the programmes in setting the goals for the programmes, as well as the strategy to achieve those goals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Background in public policy or economics or law
- Existing engagement with the above movements and communities.
- A pre-existing network of contacts with policymakers, media, etc.
- Experience in working with the government.
To apply, please send your resume to Sunil Abraham (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Nirmita Narasimhan (email@example.com) and Pranesh Prakash (firstname.lastname@example.org) with three writing samples of which at least one demonstrates your analytic skills, and one that shows your ability to simplify complex policy issues.