Transparency and Politics
by Ben Bas — last modified Apr 16, 2013 04:35 PM
- Internet, Politics and Transparency — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Dec 02, 2011 05:33 PM
- On 15th April 2009, the Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) hosted a talk by Barun Mitra on “Internet, Transparency and Politics”. Barun Mitra is the Chairperson of Liberty Institute, a think tank based in Delhi. Liberty Institute conducts research and advocacy on policy issues ranging from health, environment and trade to democracy and governance.
- A History of Transparency, Politics and Information Technologies in India — by Prasad Krishna — last modified Aug 03, 2011 05:59 PM
- In this blog post, Zainab Bawa reviews the different spectrums of information, transparency and politics.
- Of the State and the Governments - The Abstract, the Concrete and the Responsive — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 03, 2011 05:56 PM
- This post examines the concepts of state and government to lay the ground for understanding responsiveness enforced through transparency discourses and the deployment of ICTs, the Internet and e-governance programmes. It also lays the context for understanding why and how ICTs. Internet and e-governance have been deployed in India for improving government-citizen interfaces, eliminating middlemen, delivering services electronically and for introducing a range of similar reforms to institute transparency and a responsive state.
- The Responsive State --- Introduction to the Series — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 03, 2011 05:58 PM
- This post is an introduction to a series of posts on the concept of the 'responsive state'. In this series, I try to explain the various meanings that the term responsiveness has come to acquire when it is used in relation with the discourses surrounding transparency and the deployment of ICTs and the Internet to enforce transparency and thereby create a responsive state. Understanding the notion of responsiveness requires us to revisit and analyze certain concepts and the relations that have been drawn between concepts such as state, government, politics, administration, transparency, effectiveness, government-citizen interface, ICTs and effectiveness, among others. Read on to find more...
- Transparency and Politics: Politically Aware and Participatory Citizenry — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 23, 2011 12:34 PM
- In this, her fourth blog post on her CIS-RAW project, Zainab Bawa looks at the notions of Stakeholder and Participation.
- Transparency and Politics: Talk by Barun Mitra — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 03, 2011 05:53 PM
- A talk by Barun Mitra, Chairperson of the Liberty Institute, a Delhi-based think tank, was held at CIS recently, organised by Zainab Bawa in relation to her CIS-RAW project on 'Transparency and Politics'. In this post, the third in a series exploring questions of transparency and politics, Zainab reports on the lecture and discussion.
- Transparency and Politics: An Introduction [II] — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 03, 2011 05:59 PM
- In this post, the second in a series documenting her CIS-RAW project, Zainab Bawa explains how transparency is embedded in particular institutional contexts. This impacts the ways in which transparency materially manifests and also has implications for administrative politics.
- Transparency and Politics: An Introduction [I] — by Zainab Bawa — last modified Aug 23, 2011 12:34 PM
- This is the first in a series of blog posts documenting Zainab Bawa's CIS-RAW project on Transparency and Politics. This post briefly explains how the notion of transparency has developed over time, and the changes that it has been through.